MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: skip's music

I am playing on a Dean ml xt through a Marshall MG30DFX. this thing is great, I love everything about it. I listen to artists like pantera, Sepultura, soulfly, Slayer and Metallica. I don't try to emulate my favorite artists tones or anything I try to work on my own sound and and with this thing it's sounding pretty good.

I play very heavy metal and this thing gives distortion up the arss. Any other pedal I have to crank the gain up to 10(or whatever the highest setting is), but on this thing I play with gain up a little over 3/4 of the way. I've been playing for about 2 1/2 years and I play on it with a Marshall MG30DFX(which is about to change) and a Dunlop crybaby wah. Other pedals have only tone volume and gain knob but this thing has your treble (high), bass (low), midrange and midrange frequency. If this was stolen I would go on a shooting rampage and if I absolutely couldnt find the guy I would break down and buy another one.

What do I say, it's a Boss. I don't think I would need a backup for this thing. Boss pedals are pretty much rock solid. I thought I was having a problem but come to find out it was just my 9v adaptor which I got rid of. It's all fine now. The adaptor has been replaced and I haven't had any problem with it yet.

Very easy to get a great sound out of this thing. I like to scoop the mids and it sounds very good. I didn't get the manual for this thing but it's pretty easy to use. not sure if this thing has been upgraded or not and I really don't care because I would never part with this.

Wolfs_Hour
    im a professional guitarist and this helped out alot when starting out..but if you have a good amp ahem...5150..you dont need this pedal at all..best pedal though..second to none
    onlyrock
    Hi. I bought this pedal this very day, and I have to say it sounds terific! I love that you can get so many different tones out of it! I can play pretty much like some of Metallica's albums, and the same time discovered I, that if get a fuzzy kind of setup, and you cut the on your guitar, you get something more like Jimi Hendrix. Of course not exactly, but more than I expected. I think that is pretty amazing! And I would like to know if anyone could give a setup which could sound a little like AC/DC? I love that band, and wonder if anyone could help me get this sound just a little. That would really help me! : Thanks! Onlyrock
    onlyrock
    Hi. I bought this pedal this very day, and I have to say it sounds terific! I love that you can get so many different tones out of it! I can play pretty much like some of Metallica's albums, and the same time discovered I, that if get a fuzzy kind of setup, and you cut the tone on your guitar, you get something more like Jimi Hendrix. Of course not exactly, but more than I expected. I think that is pretty amazing! And I would like to know if anyone could give a setup which could sound a little like AC/DC? I love that band, and wonder if anyone could help me get this sound just a little. That would really help me! Thanks! Onlyrock Ps. and I would also like to know if anyone could show/tell me how to make their right setup for: Metallica, Iron Maiden and Jimi Hendrix. Thanks a lot!
    Diana Manson
    hi everyone...just let me say that this pedal is so funck`n great.. the sounds is really really good, and you dont need to spend a lot of money.. this pedal gives you a professional sound and tone.. rock it..!!
    life 4 a life
    this pedal is great for gigs, practice, and anything else. i love mine. tip fo users-dont be afraid to crank up the mid and high equaliser for good tone. oh, and ive jumped on this thing so many times. durability is great.