MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Toms River Music

I personally like the pedal's overall sound. It reminds me of the early thrash metal tones like Slayer, Metallica, and others. The only thing I don't like about it is it gets way too trebley for my taste and it sounds hissy. But I know of many people Who own this pedal, and I can see why. It's surprisingly easy to get a lot of different sounds from it. You can even get an aggressive punk sound out of it too, very versatile. It gets nice and bassy, which I like. it's sound character is really good for leads, and I like the middle register of eq you can get out of it, and I tend to put the middle knob up higher than I usually do. I am using this pedal with my Ibanez RG350MDX and Ibanez GAX70, with an Ibanez Tone Blaster halfstack. I don't like to play the pedal over the distortion of the amp, because there is so much gain that the channel goes nuts, so I use it on the clean.

Honestly, if it was lost or stolen, I would not buy it again. It's way too metally and has way too much gain for my preference. I have played many effects pedals and I enjoy them, but this one is not for me. It's a great pedal and all for what it is, but it's a little too heavy for me. I got it for free from a friend, so I'm not complaining, and at least I didn't have to pay 100 bucks for it.

I can definitely depend on this pedal. It's genuine Boss and I also own a Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor. It's strong and durable and it has rubber grups on the bottom so when you stomp on it, it doesn't slide anywhere. I would use it live without a backup. It is reliable and durable.

I got it free from a friend a while ago, he didn't like the sound of it but I gladly took it. I love this pedal, the distortion is really easy to work with, because there are 4 knobs with 2 mini-knobs on the treble and middle, for extra adjusting. It's not black, like everyone else says it is, it's dark grey with orange font (not that that's important or anything).

Danis1
    Danis1 wrote: ..... Its a great pedal but as many others have said it is really hard to find a good tone with it, 9/10
    heheheheheh, oh godd how times change LOL!!! yeah not that great a pedal, im not sure what i was thinking, i used to be such a n00b, even not that long ago. Dudes dont get this little cake of shit, its no more than that. The digitech Distortion Factory has this, and more models in its options, besides it has the same controls as this one. This Mt2 is okay for its equalisation options, which dont feature in many other pedals, but like i said....the distortion factory features it aswell!