MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Steve's Music

I am using the pedal with an ESP LTD AX-50 guitar and a weird crappy amp. Even with the crappy amp, it sounds insane. Imagine what it would sound like with a good one. It is the loudest pedal I've gotten so far for the heavy metal settings, it blows your mind. It always sound great even with low battery. it'll work great until the battery dies. With the Heavy Metal setting with the distortion on full, I can get pretty close to the sound of Killswitch Engage and As I Lay Dying. I really don't like the british rock setting on it, they could have put like a different metal setting but overall it's really good.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied. I play MetalCore music and it works perfectly for it. I don't think I could find a better match for MetalCore music. I've been playing for 2 years now, doesnt't seem that long but I'm like 10 better then some people I know who have been playing for 4-7 years, it just doesnt't compare to any other distortion. I wish I wouldve asked before I bought this pedal, "Why is this pedal so god damn good?" Other then that I have no complaints. Heavy metal setting is the best one, just screw around with the amount of distortion and you can get it sounding like any thing. If this thing got stolen, first, I'd beat the crap out of whoever took this peice of magic from me, then I'd go buy another one. This is, the best distortion pedal ever. Period.

I can definitly depend on this pedal. I have dropped it numerous times on the ground when I am bringing it to my band's place and it still work's like it was Brand New. I wouldn't even have to think about having a backup pedal for this pedal. I don't think it will ever break.

This pedal has got to have the best sounding distortion I've ever heard. You can choose if you want to play with heavy metal distortion, Overdrive, or even british rock with this. I haven't found any of my own good setting but I use the Heavy Metal setting. The manual shows all the settings you can put it on. It also has the electrical stuff your supposed to read and crapola like that. It is fairly easy to get good sound out of it, but making your own settings, and making them sound good, is fairly hard.

phenom1991
    the ones that say this is perfect must be newbies...its kinda noisy without soundgate! it gets really noisy at high volumes but its a decent pedal
    H1ghGa1n
    I've had this pedal for a while and its good for rhythm stuff, but I hate the way it makes solos sound. I'm definitely getting it modded, buying a new pedal, or maybe getting a nice tube amp. When I was a total n00b this pedal was everything I ever wanted. Now that I have more of an ear for tone I think I think i need something new.