MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Melody Music

Right now, I am using a modded Jackson JS30RR running through a Boss PW-10 Wah, to the MT-2 then a multi effects through the effects loop on a Randall RX120D Half stack. A lil noisy at high volumes, my settings are (vol:12 o clock/high and low:2 o clock/mid:10 o clock/mid Freq:12 o clock/Dist.:4 o clock(barely before max) and it sounds amazing. I can get all my favourite tones through this baby. I love Metallica, and this pedal is definetely worthy, and I also play a lot of bodom and this pedal is perfect.

I play metal, from NWOBHM and Bay area thrash to black metal and some metalcore, suits all styles perfectly. I have been playing for 5 years, I have tried many dist. pedals before I got this one. it wiped the floor with all of them. If it was stolen, I would cry. If I lost it I would find it lol. I love everything about the pedal, the only thing I don't like is the adapter. Garbage, it burnt out after 6 mths of use. my favourit feature is the mid frequency knob, you can achieve almost any tone with it. I compared it to, Line 6 Uber Metal, all DigiTech dist pedals, a Maxon and an MXR pedal and it cut through all of them with ease. The only thing I wish it had would be a noise gate.

Its the most dependable pedal I own along with my Boss PW-10 wah, Strong, cool looking too. Two years of hardcore stomping and it still works without fault, no break-ups, no sctrachy sounds wehn the patches are moved and the connections are tight so your patch cords wont slip out. I would definetely play a gig with no backup. It's that reliable.

I got an amazing, beefy and clear tone out of this thing in minutes, the manual is clear and concise, the tones they provide in the back are okay but try to get your own sound. The batteries die quickly but to replace them is the easiest of all pedals, one screw and your done, no tools. My unit is stock, I've had it for about 2 years, and it's still perfect.

mad4metal
    How do you people get sounds like Zeppelin and Hendrix out of this pedal? A hard as I try I can not get much other than a thrash metal sound or a hard rock sound.
    footychimp
    Guys, im looking at the Boss ds-2 turbo distortion or the Boss Mt-2 (this one) on my prs se billy martin. I like nu-metal, rock, alternative rock, punk, grunge and bit of metal and thrash like greenday, evanescence, linkink park, trivium, my chemical romance... Which one do you guys recommend? thanks
    .:Darkness:.
    @ footychimp, judging on what you listed i would say that the MT-2 suits your needs more. The DS-2 suits more classic rock such as AC-DC where as the MT-2 overdrives alot liek bands such as metallica dn megadeth.