MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Finding a pedal that flexes with the styles I play, which range from blues and classic rock to metal, is not easy. Then I stumbled across this baby. It's the only distortion that I'll ever need. I know that it says Metal Zone in big Orange letters on the front (and yes, when set right, this thing will unleash ungodly amounts of distortion), but it does so much more than that. I can get everything from classic SRV/Santana crunch to Hanneman-worthy shrieks. This pedal is very versatile. The only caveat: switching from a clean channel to to this pedal does take away some note definition and some volume. It can get a litlle annoying at times, but most people won't notice it (unless you are a seasoned pro or a studio man). The sound also can get a little thin on certain settings. I run it with my Marshall DFX-50 and an '04 black Fender Standard Strat.

This is a definite keeper. In my seven years of playing, I have never used a pedal that was more fun than this one. If I ever lost this or if it got stolen, I would get another one within the week (depending on if I can get a ride somewhere, as I can't Drive). I love the tonal ranges and the just plain fun factor of having something that goes from a slight crunch to white noise. Like I said, when you Switch channels (from clean to this pedal) you will lose some volume and note definition.

It's a Boss. 'Nuff said. It's built like a tank; I've dropped it and stepped on it at night, one of my friends kicked it into a cinderblock wall accidentally, and I still have no problems with it. I don't really gig, but I would take this anywhere without a backup. Giggers, I'm warning you now in case you don't know: Boss pedals are battery vampires. They suck them dry so fast. I highly recommend getting the plug-in power supply for it.

This pedal takes some getting used to, as the three-way EQ looks a little overwhelming at first. I mean, there are tone controls inside tone controls! But once you get used to the adjustment process, this is one easy pedal to use. The manual gives a clear explanation of the adjustment process, and even gives you some setting examples that you can build your own tone from. Overall, it's very user friendly.

hellview_666
    I recently bought this pedal...never played something so good in my life - after using an MD-2, Digitech Grunge and many others, this is the pedal that sutis me!!
    RR3
    yess im a metal player plating all types death/black/folk/power, etc this pedal performs ladies and gentleman, the thud you get from this when palm muting is f*kn gravy and i reccomend this pedal to everyone! i also use a DS-1 along with the MT-2 when soloing as the MT-2 alone is too agressive and needs more warmth. i give the MT-2 a 10/10