MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Sobers Music

When I play with the MT-2 I use a berhinger guitar and a berhinger amp and still with the crappy little amp that I have this pedal makes it sound like a Marshall stack. With this metal zone distortion you can top even the coolest of tones it has everything from so heavy you think you'll die to very light and calming distortion. The knobs on this pedal are very sensitive if you move the knob a hair you can change your whole distortion. The only thing that's bad about this pedal is when the battery is almost dead the tones are crap you get like a mix between black dog and jack white.

I play well most of the time lighter stuff like dire straits but the odd time I play heavy stuff and this pedal will accomodate all of my distortion needs and then some it has lots of bite and can take a lot the only thing to watch is make sure that your battery doesn't die other wise it will sound like crap but other then that it's a great pedal. I compared it too Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff in the end I bought the Metal Muff because the MT-2 wasn't in stock they only had the one for show but I have it now.

This is one of the most dependable pedals money can buy. I could play a gig without any concern that the pedal will quit the only thing I have to watch out for is the 9 volt adapter I have troubles with it but that's about the only trouble I have with it. It is also a very durable pedal it will last a long time and looks like it could take a lot of damage before it quits working I'd feel safe to drop it, it fell like 10 minutes ago it's fine.

I find that this Boss MT-2 is one of the easier pedals to use. It also has some great distortion that any musician can't go without. It has a 4 knob equalizer low, middle, middle frequency and high it also has a volume knob and a distortion knob. One of it's features is natural bypass and you have the option of a 9 volt battery or a 9 volt adapter. It is impossible to compare this pedal with any other it has a tone of it's own.