MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Music Makers

The sound, one word; 'amazing'. This pedal is so flexible. My band plays both metal and punk, and this is the only distortion pedal that I use. I also have it on one setting, but that setting is so flexible(with out being changed). You can really hear the metal sound when I'm playing a metal song, and when we change it up to a punk song, it sounds like a punk distortion. Of course my band has a bit to do with this, but you get the point. I recommend listening to the presets that it comes with, they will really make you be proud of putting out that (close to) $100. there's not much I can say, it will pretty much fit many people's style, as long as your under some sort of rock deal. Well, one draw back in my opinion is that if you put the distortion on max, there's so much that you can't even get a tone or defintion of the note your playing. it's just extreme fuzz. To some people that's cool, but to me, not my style. I have the distortion knob at about 1 o'clock.

I love this pedal. I have had it for about 3 years now. I only had one problem with it, and it wasn't even the pedals problem, it was my AC adaptor I used so I don't waste 9 volts when I don't need them. So this pedal has gone though so much and still sounds great and looks great(beside the "dirt/dust" that is infused Boss lettering ont he rubber pad). I like the fact that the knobs are stiff, they don't move unless I make them move, my chorus pedal's knobs are constantly moving when I have my pedals packed up. This pedal is a must by for any musician in the rock/metal/punk sort of genre, it will suit you well.

This pedal is a metal pedal, and what kind of metal pedal would it be if it wasn't made out of metal. This thing can take some hits. When I'm playing Live, I have a very powerful stage presence, so when I'm working my pedals, I make it look like I'm angry, or what every you want to call it. Though I'm not like that in practice or in real life at anytime, the point is it can take a beating. At a show, if your using it alone, you might be out of luck. It really helps to have a supressor of some sort to clear things up. If you don't, no big deal, it sounds great with or with out in my opinion.

This pedal is great. It can fit many, many genres even though it may be branded as "metal". It is pretty easy to get used to, it has four many knobs, and two little side ones. The two little ones are like wrapped around the two knobs in the center(that is the only way I could think of to say that). It has your standard volume, called "level" on the pedal. It's located on the far left. Then what makes it a distortion pedal, your distortion knob and it's on the far right. Then in the center are the tone knobs. On the left on them are your high (center) and low (outer), then to the right of those are the middle (center) and the mid frequency (outer). So yeah, this pedal is pretty straight forward.