MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: present from friend

I used it with different amps. They werent good amps but that doesn't matter because I have used it with other people's amps which were better. Marshall MG-15CD, Fender Frontman 15G, Crate GX-15 (only one it did okay with, not great), and a crappy First Act amp. Anyway it's very noisy, plenty of hiss and buzz. If you don't have a suppressor this pedal is useless. Even with one the sound sucks really bad. It has basically no tone, the only person Who could ever want this is Dimebag. it's totally super gained and has absolutely no tonality or real guitar sound it it. It just sounds like a high pitched thin buzzing. The effects are very weak and thin. Thank god I didn't pay for this piece of crap.

I play real metal. Metallica, Megadeth, In Flames, Mercenary, Vai, Gilbert, Mr. Big, Alcatrazz, ect. I have been playing for over 5 years and have been using many pedals over the years. I use a BC Rich bronze warlock with Duncan SH-6 and SH-2. I would never buy it if I lost it. That may be a good thing if I lost it.

It is okay I guess, but only if you have an adaptor. I don't know if it will break or not. I haven't used it enough because of the terrible sound and tone from it. I imagine just becauses it's a Boss pedal that it's really tough, just crappy sound. It isnt worth the time or money.

It is not hard to use actually. It is pretty simple and plenty of knob configurations to play around with. I didn't get a manual for it because it was used. This thing even with that said sucks. It's really hard to get a good sound out of it. it's not hard to operate, just really hard to get a good "real" guitar sound out of it. I got mostly hiss and buzz. It also eats batteries like crazy.

.:Darkness:.
    footychimp: I dont know much about the MD-2 but i play alot of thrash (a LOT of thrash) and my MT-2 suits this very well. my setting: Level: 120 High: 50 Low: 20 Mid: 70 (Cut completely) Mid Freq.: 120 Dist.: 50 Hope that helps