MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: SamAsh

The sound is just great, you can get everything from an old-school Overdrive to a mind-blowing Death Metal distortion. I'm using it with my B.C. Rich Warlock with EMG 81/85 pickups, various amps (I have several amps, and I play with the one closer to me), a Boss DD-3, an Original Crybaby, A MXR 10 band EQ and a Boss Noise Gate, sounds great! It makes some noise when you move the DIST knob all the way up, but it's hardly annoying. You can get the sound of Iron Maiden, Metallica, Children Of Bodom, and even that legendary Dimebag tone. It's the most versatile pedal out there.

I mostly play metal, so this pedal obviously fills up my needs. I've been playing for 2 years, and have used a lot of distortions, and this is, by far, the best one. I would buy it again if someone stole it. I love its versatilty, reliability and crushing tone. After comparing it to MXR and DigiTech products I made the right choice.

This thing is a piece of metal, weighs a whole pound. I would gig with it a million times, you could even kill someone in the crowd by throwing the pedal at HIM. I can depend on it, because it doesn't seem like falling apart, it is also great on batteries, so you won't need a backup during the gig.

It has a parametric 3 band EQ, level and distortion controls. It comes with a very easy to understand manual, which has some illustrated examples for various types of distortions, and you can find a lot of presets online. Overall it is an easy to use pedal.

ralleymonkey
    hey can someone please help me out with a metallica- enter sandman, master of puppets, am i evil, slayer-dead skin mask, Lamb Of God, or childen of bodom setting. If anyone wants i have an pretty good Pantera-cowboys from hell, domination, cemetary gates and clash with reality setting. If anyone can help me id greatly appreciate it Thanx