MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

I'm playing it through a mid-50's Fender Telecaster and a Fender Twin Reverb amplifier. The pedal causes excessive feedback from a variety of directions making it a pain to use in small ares like a practice room. I found that after awhile no matter how much I toyed the settings all sounded exactly alike. I bought this pedal to achieve a heavier tone for when I feel like playing along with a Van Halen or Aerosmith record, but all I got was something that muddled the tone and I could barely create a melodic sounding lead line. Bottom line; the sound's not worth the money.

I play a mix of classic rock, blues, and jazz. This pedal does decent for hard rock rhythym playing but blows chunks in every other aspect. I've been played forty something years and I never thought I could find an effects pedal so useless. I wish I could have tried it out in the store instead of just buying it on the spot, that's something I won't do again. Overall I don't recommend the MT-2, just save the money and buy an amp with an excellent distortion channel because it'll sound the same or better.

I know that Boss pedals are reknowned for their durability, and this pedal is a tank. I wouldn't gig with it though because it sounds terrible. I think that someone Who gigs a few times every couple of months or so would this pedal a very reliable piece of equipment, however it'd make more sense to fasten it to a pedaboard for a travelling musician.

The Boss MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal is one that I thought was borderline useless. The distortion on my amp was way less muddled. Set-up is very simple but it sucks batteries. I found the manual decent and the settings they recommend god awful. The pedal is very simple with only a level, distortion, and a couple of tone knobs. It's super easy to activate to and requires little pressure.

GoFoT9
    i got this pedal.. and the first time i showed the drummer in my band he said "thats not distortion... thats bringing down the house!!... literaly!!"
    hardcoredarrell
    Best sound for me with it Level---90 Low-----Max High----10:30 to 110 Middle---100 ish Mid F----90 Dist-----1:30 best I can get but get a EH Metal muff its better I have both