MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Adrian's Music

I am using an Ibanez GSZ120 with a very average starfire mega 10 Crate amp but this pedal made my rig! the sound I got from it was amazing I couldn't believe it was my same old starfire. I got some really heavy sounds from this pedal. The effects always sound great on this pedal. you can get the sound of a lot of bands with this pedal, like Slipknot, Mudvayne, Papa Roach, Deftones, Sum 41, System Of A Down, the list is endless. Everything about this pedal is on par and very good.

overall I'll give this pedal a thumbs up as it is really amazing if you play anything from rock to metal. I play rock and metal and it has defined my style and is a must for metalheads! I have been playing for about 2 years now. I use my Ibanez gsz 120 guitar and starfire mega 10 amp with this pedal. I wished I had asked them for a new ac adapter when I bought it, maybe I could have prevented my misfortune. Well it has gone for broke on me and I've ordered another so if it was lost or stolen I would get thsi again. I love the amount of distortion textures you can get out of this pedal. I hate nothing about! I compared this with other metal pedals around the same price and this pedal towers over them by miles.

Unfortunately about two weeks after I got this pedal it malfunctioned. I was using it with an ac adapter and I tried to mive it while it was on and something malfunctioned internally and the volume was completely cut off. My amp and guitar was fine but everytime I turned on this pedal the sound cut off and only on full volume (normal and master) could I slightly hear the Drive effect. I was very disappointed as I expected a lot more from Boss in terms of quality and durability. I sent it back and I should be getting another MT-2 today. this makes me think twice about using it without back up, however I will let it go as "one of those times" and give Boss the benefit of the doubt. I just hope and expect it not to fail me again.

It is relativly easy to use as just pluging it in and using the standard factory settings (all knobs 12 o'clock) gives really awesome unbelievable distortion (equivalent to Papa Roach). However if you have your heart set on a specific kind of sound then you will need to spend some time experimenting with this pedal. The manual is basic and just gives instructions on how to plug it in and some easy factory settings (heavy metal 1, 2, overdrive etc).