MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Musician Freind

I use this with my Epiphone G-400. I simply use it to play metal, which is about the only thing it's good for. If you turn up the distortion knob a bunch it sounds messy. It does put out a varity of metal distortions. I can get anything from Metalica to Iron Maiden and from Black Sabbath to Pantera. The EQ is one of the best things about this pedal.

I play rock and blues and this pedal don't match at all. I rarley play metal, which is when I get out this pedal. If it where stolen or lost I wouldn't buy it again, because it cost a lot of money and because I don't use this pedal as much as my other ones. I guess that was to be expected since it's name is "Metal Zone". This is a very good pedal. If you play any kind of metal, this pedal is for you. If you don't play a lot of metal, look into Boss Overdrive pedals. I use a BD-2 Blues Driver as my main OD pedal and it sounds very bluesy.

It's a Boss. And when you buy a Boss you should know you are buying one of the most indestructable, powerful, and most well-built pedal on the planet. You could easily play a gig without even worrying about it. I may not have put this thing through as much abuse as I have all my other pedals, but all my other Boss pedals have been through several incedents.

It's a Boss, so it's a easy pedal to use. There is a level knob, which controls the volume of the pedal, a couple of EQ knobs, and a distortion knob. There is a manual which I recomend flipping through, espeically if you don't know how to use the EQ. I do not now the firmware revision number.

Zeroxsk8er1
    mad4metal wrote: How do you people get sounds like Zeppelin and Hendrix out of this pedal? A hard as I try I can not get much other than a thrash metal sound or a hard rock sound.
    its called Metal Zone for a reason.
    sakos
    Thanx ralleymonkey! It's close, but I'm not so satisfied with the tone... Did you listen to this songs? If not, try on YouTube,and...
    sakos
    It's amazing! I'm just figuring a pretty sound but I can't guess it. Can somebody help me, how can I get the new-school heavy metal sound of: - Metallica - Invisible Kid (intro) ,or - metallica - Some kind of monster (break part), or maybe - Rammstein - Amerika ("this is not a love song..." part) In this parts of these songs the sound of the guitar is perfect. So I want to get this sound. It's similar to Slipknot's sound. So please help me to figure this cool sound! thanx
    gorecore=me
    someone get me a Chilodren of bodom sound out of this.please also All that remains.. both great band but im struggling to imitate their sounds
    squierkid71
    @ run.to.the.hill thanx for the advice what amp do u recommend if i wanted to buy a 30-watt solid state? (i'm kind of on a budget) and would it be worth it to buy a small tube amp i.e a crate palomino v8/v16? PS. I play mostly metal like metallica and pantera. thought i'd just let u know.
    Run.to.the.hill
    quite frankly, i would say no, no matter how good your icing is a shitty piece of cake is a shitty piece of cake, it will probably help a little if you run cleans through the amp, but not for the money, better to save towards a nicer amp
    squierkid71
    i've heard many samples for this pedal on youtube and whatnot. but i wanna know if this pedal will sound good through weaker amps. say like a 30-watter solid state?
    ralleymonkey
    iTzMaTT- Dude buy this pedal you wont and cant go wrong, it seemed for me a little intimidating and had to screw with it for bout 30 min but i cant get enought of that sound the perfect sound iv always wanted. Rock ON!!
    hi alpha! Try this: Level 10 high 8 low 8 middle 3 mid freq 6 dist full
    AlphaShred
    Can somebody help me, how can I get the metal sound of: - Metallica - Master of Puppets (Riffs)
    ralleymonkey
    Yes I have herd those songs but the sound will differ with different types of amps and guitars. Il work on a good one tonite and see if i can help u find a good setting... Cheers
    ralleymonkey
    sakos- I have a good setting for u its more like a heavy metal almost pantera but with a metallica twist on it Level-10 High-full Low-4:30 Mid Freq-8 Middle-3 Dist-Full I hope that helps Rock On
    ralleymonkey
    iTzMaTT Dude get this pedal, you wont and cant go wrong. For me it was a little intimidating geting use to it but after bout 30 min screwing with it I eventually got the perfect sound for all arround good metal Metallica , Pantera everything!!!! Rock On