MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Musicians Alley

At the moment I'm using quite a medi-ocre system. I'm using a dodgy Squier SP-10 amp with the Bullet Squier, which I absolutely love. When I first bought the amp and guitar the Overdrive on the amp was extremely dodgy, yet the clean gave me a crystal clear sound depending on the setting on the guitar. When I got this distortion pedal the amp came alive, it sounds like a Marshall stack, no kidding here. The High and lows and even the mids came out beautifully.

I play anything from Classic Rock to heavy metal, such as Metallica, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and I play some Pink Floyd. This pedal suits them fine. I've been playing guitar for a good 6-7 years. Depending on your skills with this EQ you can get any kind of distortion you want. This is a fantastic pedal, I would recommend this to any serious guitar player. This pedal is absolute class.

For sure this is reliable. It's made of Solid Metal and it is extraordinarily well built at that! The knobs are solid, and with Pedals, what can go wrong?? I would gig with this any day, and I will. I don't think anyone would need a backup with this Pedal ever, it's a solid piece of work.

This is a fantastic distortion pedal! Once you've had this for 2 hours you would already have got the hang of it. The 3-band EQ is great because you can get rid of those rubbish 'mids' and crank the bass and treble right up there to give you that real heavy metal sound. I think that the inclusion on the 'mid' and 'mid freq' makes this the ultimate pedal because of it's versatility. The manual gives you some great presets for it and the "heavy metal" and "fuzz" are my favourites.

The^Unforgiven
    Man, I just don't get why some people find this pedal crappy. It WILL sound like shit if you play it with a shitty amp. But what's this shit about it giving bad feedback on high volumes? That only happens if you put the level high. I manage just well with the level relatively low, and it still sound amazing on high volumes when I dial up the master volume on my amp... bottom line: anyone who can use this baby as it's supposed to be used can't be dissapointed.
    KnifelineAttack
    The sound you get out of this pedal very much depends on your gear. It sounds much different on my 25-watt Fender than it does on my 100-watt Marshall. This clean settings you're using also play a huge role in the sound that comes out. It's very hard to find a really good, full-sounding tone at first. It takes some time, but once you really tap into this thing, I doubt you'll be disappointed! That is, unless you don't have the AC adaptor. That's also essential.
    ralleymonkey
    Hey can someone please help me out with a blind guardian or iced earth setting, anything close will be better than wat i have...thanks alot
    ralleymonkey
    Hey would anyone happen to have a setting for Rammstein-Du Hast any help atall would be greatly appreciated thanks
    ralleymonkey
    if it helps the gear i use is a Dean Dime Shadow ML, darius 2002 vintage half stack and ofcourse the MT-2. also i could use a Metallica-Master of puppets setting