MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Local music store

I play this pedal through a cheap 15w Crate amp and an Ibaez GRG07LTD1. The guitar sounded ok to me when I played it without the pedal, but when I plugged the pedal in I was really astounded. With every knob pointing 12 o'clock the sound got way better than it was before. Then I put the heavy metal setup to the pedal, and I was honestly impressed. I play mostly hardcore, metalcore. But I can also play music like ACDC, Guns'n Roses, Iron Maiden, etc... The sound is great when you're playing Metallica too. The distortion this pedal provides is really versatile. However, sometimes it can get a little noisy.

As I said before, I play mostly metalcore, with bands like Bullet for My valentine, Atreyu, In This Moment, As I Lay Dying, etc. but sometimes I feel like playing some old-school rock and it works perfectly just by leveling down the distortion knob. It's really functional, and before buying it I tried several distortion pedals whose brands I don't remember. But I liked this MT-2 way more than the rest. If you're a metalhead guitarist, this is a must have. The Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, or the Boss ML-2 Metal Core. Make your choice.

Just by looking at it you can tell this pedal is really resistant and there's also the quality Boss pedals are known for. It becomes really useful when playing a song that needs changing from clean to distortion. I've already used it onstage without any backup, and it works really good.

I first watched this pedal on Youtube. As I'm new to guitar effects and pedals, I thought you had to keep the foot on the pedal to keep the distortion going. It's as simple as a click and walk away. I'm really bad at EQs, so the presets the instruction manual includes are really helpful.