MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I use my pedal thew my Randall Half Stack with RX120D Head and RX412 Cabinet, with my Dunlop CryBaby Wah plugged into my Jackson King V and it sounds amazing. This pedal can make any guitar sound professional. The pedal can be quite noisy at times- a lot of feed back on high gain if you don't own a noise supressor. The effects are strong, very bold, and always sound great on every style you adjust the pedal to. With this pedal you can achieve sounds from Artists like: Zakk Wylde, Kirk Hammett, Adam Dutkiewicz and Joel Stroetzel, Alexi Laiho, pretty much any Metal/Hard Rock artist- the pedal is quite versatile.

I mostly play Metal, with some Alternative Punk Rock on the side. The pedal is a dream! one moment I'm metling faces (metal) then dying hair and piercing lips (punk). I've been playing for about 6 years now and will never stop! I own another Boss pedal and it is the Boss TU-2: Chromatic Tuner, another pedal I highly recommend, along with my Original Dunlop CryBaby Wah. If it were stolen/lost I would defintely buy another! of even Pick up a used one. Boss pedal's last for years without any problems that's why they're the only pedal I truely trust. I love everything about this pedal! mega gain, extremely versatile, fits well on a deck, and a complete steal for the low price. I only wish it came in a different colour!

I can defintely depend on my MT-2 Metal Zone pedal, I've been using it for just over a year and it still looks like it just came out of the box! I've had no electrical troubles with this unit. If I were to play a gig I would use this pedal withouth a backup, it's perfect!

The MT-2 Metal Zone pedal is by far the pedal with the most gain, That was decently priced around- $150.00. Now I'm sure Boss' newer ML-Metalcore packs more of a punch at a higher price, but the MT-2 is plenty for me. This pedal is extremely easy to use, so easy that I didn't even read the manual- just noodled around with the knobs and I achieved a deep metal tone. Later on I looked at the manual and it shows you with a diagram how to use the pedal if you have no expearience. (perhaps all types of pedals come with one? but I've only used Boss and Dunlop). Also tells you step by step on how to get certain sounds: Heavy Metal, Overdrive, Birtish Rock, Hard Rock and Fuzz.

deanplayer18
    man this pedal is sick my friend justin has it and it is sick in his ibanez running threw a little fender combo amp its loud even with the headphones on we still heard every note being played threw it and this thing screams harmonics i also use it in my gfs digitech df-7 distortion factory pedal cuz this pedal is programed into it and it the only setting i play on the harmonics scream out of this thing i love it so im gonna try and pick one of these up to have around i know the guitarest from six feet under uses this with his overdrivin mesas which gives him his hard as nails sound