MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

A good sounding pedal. It does hair metal and prog better than any other pedal that I have ever used but at times it's hard to get an enjoyable crunch sound out of it. An up side to it is that it has the abillity to give you distortion while not making it much harder to distinguish individual notes. Its main downside is that it seems hard to get the super heavy distortion used by most Death Metal bands.

I play metal, mainly thrash, prog and melodic death and I must say that this pedal is a good match for any of those genres. I own a Line 6 Uber Metal pedal also which is what I use as my primary however I still love to play with my metalzone. It is definately a worthy pedal and I recommend it to any metal musicians out there especially those Who want a more classic sound.

It is a very high end pedal. It acts like any other single effect Boss pedal as far as the mechanics and I still have not had any problems with it in the year and a half that I've had it. Everything seems solid and well built. I would be able to gig with this pedal easily without a backup and without a care in my mind.

The Metal Zone pedal is relatively easy to use. There are 4 knobs 2 of which are doubled. You have your level, high, low, mid, distortion, and mid frequency. All of which are pretty self explanitory. It can be hard at times to find the kind of distortion you are looking for but for the most part it just takes a little messing with.