MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Currently I'm running this pedal through a Randall EX15FX, and playing with a 1986 Aria Pro II ZZ Custom and a Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special. One of the main problems I've had with this pedal is the range of feedback. I get horrible feedback whenever I'm not playing, and it gets annoying fast. I just use the AC adapter, so using batteries might effect how much feedback you get, but I'm not entirely sure. One of the other problems I've had is how much distortion I get out of it. That little thing has a massive punch, let me tell ya. Too much distortion, in fact. I often have to keep the volume or the distortion on the pedal low because of how overdriven it is. Typically though, I can get a classic old-school Metallica sound out of it using the Aria Pro II, and a range of other older thrash metal bands which is perfect, as that's usually what I play. There's a limited range of versatility, as some tones are hard to obtain. For example, I've tried to get a good tone to match Anthrax so I could play along, or cover them with my band, but I can't get it perfectly. Close, but not perfect.

For the time being, I play strictly metal and nothing else, so obviously the metal zone is a good pedal for what I play. I've been playing guitar for about 15 months (1 yr, 5mo.) now, and this is the only pedal I own. If it were lost or stolen I'd probably spend the money to buy a better pedal, such as the Boss ME-50 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal. My guitarist has that pedal, and it's truly amazing. However, if I couldn't afford anything else, I'd stick with the Metal Zone. My favorite part about it is how I can obtain a classic Metallica tone, I love playing along to Master of Puppets and Seek And Destroy.

So far I haven't had a single problem with it. It has yet to brake, after about a year's worth of use, and I'd gladly use it on a gig if and only if I couldn't get a better amp that would eliminate the need for this particular pedal. I have yet to lose faith in it.

I just started getting into experimenting with effects and different tones. The main reason I purchased this pedal was because I didn't care for the distortion on my practice amp, and wished for a crunchier tone for the type of music I play. This pedal offers the classic "Metal up your Ass" tone easily, and comes with a straight-forward owners manual for those Who don't know how to use pedals and the like (which came in handy in my case).

SCREAMxAIMxFIRE
    FUCKING AWESOME! i just got it today, i went into andertons, tried out this pedal, i didnt need to try any more cos i loved it SO MUCH got my sound out of it, its perfect. it was my first pedal, but compared to what ive heard from my m8s pedals, this one is far superior. i use an indie sky 10 amp and shine SIL-80 guitar.
    Dithindious
    With only about 5 reviews under an 8 for sound and 3 of those being under 7 out of nearly 100 reviews it really goes to show how strong this pedal actually is! Anyone that says that the sound out of a line 6 spider is better than anything should instantly be discredited and anyone who says this pedal is too hissy or lacks mids has obviously got something far wrong with there setup! EMGs plus this can give you a great metal sound! The only thing better is a high end valve amp but if you have one of them what are you using distortion pedals for...
    viper_mike
    i found that getting a good distortion sound on a clean channel was a bit challenging, but when i use it as a booster it sounds awesome. great metal sound if you use it with a crunch channel. even better when using a tube amp and the pedal as a booster