MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Music Maker

I am just using the Epiphone SG Special pack. It is very noisy no matter what setting you have it on though. Depending on the setting, it sounds really good. I picked it over about 5 or 6 other distortions, and I like it. I play everything from heavy metal to classic rock. I can easily get all those sounds. I only have the metal zone and some really old chorus pedal. When I use them together, the chorus cuts down a lot of the noise, but adds to the tone. I'm not sure about with a wah because I've never had one. And one problem is that the metal zone makes it really hard to do harmonics, so if you play a lot of stuff that uses harmonics, I wouldn't recommend this pedal.

I play almost every kind of rock. Stuff like Metallica, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, Children Of Bodom. It probably gives out to much dist. to play stuff like the Beatles though. I've been playing almost 4 years, and I just own that old chorus pedal. I wish I told my parents how much it was in Musician's Friend. It is half the price in there. If it were stolen, I would somehow get the money and get another one without a doubt. I just love it's heavy distortions. I hate how it cuts out your harmonics. I compared it to the metal master, distortion factory, Grunge, and ds-1 distortions. I listened to them all and I liked the metal zone the best. I wish it had a noise supressor though.

Come on, it's a Boss. I've dropped it countless times, and it still works perfectly. I wouldn't have a prolem using it without backup at all. But, as with most pedals, I recommend a power supply. It drains batteries fast. Besides, it's made of steel. It won't be breaking on me ever.

It can be difficult at first, but within a day or two, you will have it down. The manual it comes with shows you all knids of diffferent presets such as fuzz, british rock, and heavy metal, though I get all my settings from Guitar World. Most of the tones in the manual sounded pretty good though.

Mr_Rawr_Rawr II
    all u have to do is dial back the dist. knob.
    Zeroxsk8er1 wrote: mad4metal wrote: How do you people get sounds like Zeppelin and Hendrix out of this pedal? A hard as I try I can not get much other than a thrash metal sound or a hard rock sound. its called Metal Zone for a reason.