MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I use this pedal with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and a Marshall MG30DFX amp (always on clean channel). You get a little bit of buzzing in the background but that's what you get with a pedal that has such heavy distortion. The distortion is always pretty chunky and heavy, but trust me there are many different types of tones that can come out of this pedal, you just gotta learn to use it.

I play a lot of metal/punk/screamo... What ever you wanna call it and this pedal suits it perfectly. Althought it took me a really long time to get the right settings dialed in, it was worth it. If this pedal were stolen from me, I would knock out whoever did and get my pedal back. If I couldnt get it back I would buy another one for sure. I love everything about this pedal except for the fact that it's hard to get your own tone out of it, but many different variations so it's a great peadal to buy. Um I've tried a Boss DS1 (the Kurt Cobain one) and it is a little similar but the MT-2 is much better as far as I'm concerned. I like this pedal just the way it is. Great for Parkway Drive, All That Remains, pretty much any fast, smooth metal band. Even good for classic rock.

This pedal is a tank, literaly. I've dropped it many times while carrying it and all the knobs and still in place and nothings wrong with it. May I add that you must remember to unplug both patch cords from the output and input of the pedal because it will EAT away at your batterie ( I learned the hard way). I would totaly use this in a gig, love this pedal.

Well it took me a little bit of my life to get a nice sound that suited my playing styles best, but there are many great sites on the web that real people can submit their settings for different pedals such as Tonedepot.com. It came with safety instructions and a little "brochure" with all of bosses pedals. It also came with a sheet with many different settings such as british rock, heavy metal, hard rock.