MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Saptaswara Musicals

I'm using a Vintage strat with 2 single coils and a humbucker and I'm using a 20W Stranger amp. Though I don't have the best of amps, I still find it amazingly great. I don't think it's noisy and I'm pretty sure about it because only when you get close to the amp, you get a hiss otherwise I find it smooth. But at high level and mid, it gets a little noisy [Nothing is perfect in this world]. I was shocked on how easily I could get harmonix and the squeels using this pedal. It just screems out. I like Grunge, hard rock, metal, alt metal, thrash. I can easily get all these tones from my pedal. If you are still not satisfied with this pedal, you can get it modified from robert Keeley. I dint go for a mod, But I think after the mod, this pedal will become the god of all the pedals in this world [Robert Keeley removes the existing shortcomings associated with the pedal [if any] and gives you a moded pedal which is error free]

I play metal, grunge, alt metal, hard rock. I think this pedal suits my style of music and enhances my nuances of playing. I got this pedal 3 months back and I'm satisfied with it. But I wish this pedal had come with a better manual and presets. I would like to add a compressor and a noise gate to it soon. I compared with a lot of other products like metal core, death metal, DS-1, DigiTech shit, but I think MT-2 kickass and rules the world

I have not yet done a gig with MT-2 but I don't think that ll face problems of any sorts while doing a gig. I have heard that this pedal is too loud and the other guitars can't be heard when played simultaneously. I don't know how true it is, But I think it should be ok if we take care of the logistics well ahead of the show. This pedal is very strong and rigid and I'm sure it ll last more than your life.

Its pretty simple to get any kinda sound out of it ranging from crunch[trust me] to thrash, death, etc. it's always good to have your own sound when you are doing a gig and MT-2 helps you in exploring your own true sound [obviously you gotto do some homework before getting on stage]. MT-2 has a EQ which you can fool around with and get a wide range of sounds. The manual just gives a brief explanation about high, low, mid, etc [I think most of the guitarists already know what it means, but for first timers it's kinda helpfull]. Th manual gives you a few presets to try which is not a bad attempt but even a layman can fiddle around with it and extract some amazing sounds out of it.