MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I'm using my Fender/Squier Strat with it right now, but I'll soon be using it with a PRS Paul Allender. =) My amp is a regular Fender amp, but I can't remember the model or anything. The pedal's a bit noisy when you have all the knobs all the way up, or sometimes when it's just turned on at all. The effects on the pedal sound great, just as long as the feedback isn't drowning them out. I can get a Haste The Day/Switchfoot/Skillet/Inhale Exhale type sound out of this little pedal, which is pretty sweet! The distortion on the pedal is great.

I play screamo stuff (Inhale Exhale, Underoath, Haste The Day), Rock (Switchfoot, Skillet, Nirvana), Metal (Dragonforce, Metallica, Guns N Roses), Punk Rock (Weezer)... Pretty much everything but crap like the jonas brothers.. They make my ears bleed and they should really learn how to play guitar. Haha, anyway, this pedal is a good match for most of the stuff I play. I can get lots of different sounds out of it. I've been playing for almost 2 years. I'm getting ready to get a new guitar (PRS Paul Allender). Right now I play with a Fender/Squier Strat, it's pretty cool, but I'm ready for an upgrade, haha. Before I bought this product I wish I had asked if there was any feedback. Feedback is the thing that bugs me the most. If it was stolen or lost I think I'd buy another one if I had the money. It's a pretty sweet pedal. I love all the different sounds and tones you can get out of this thing, but I hate the feedback. The sound is great on it too, if the feedback isn't drowning everything out. I did compare it to other pedals, but I don't remember which ones I compared it to. Danelectro maybe? I'm not sure. I ended up choosing this one because Boss is typically a good brand, so I figured the pedal would be pretty awesome.

I think I can definitely depend on this pedal, it's pretty awesome. It's really durable... (one time it got dropped a fair distance onto concrete and it still works.) I don't think I would use it on a gig without a backup though. If it starts giving me all that feedback crap, I'd want to swap my pedals out.

The MT-2 is a great, great pedal. Getting a good sound out of it is fairly easy, and can be done in little time. It's super easy to use at gigs, although mine gives me a big load of feedback sometimes. I'm not sure why it does, but I think it's the amp and stuff I use at gigs.