MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I play a Les Paul, Strat, and PRS through this pedal and into a Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead Head and JCM 900 Cab. I've also played an Ibanez RG7321 through the same setup and it sounds amazing. The pedal sounds best through the clean channel on my amp. It can be a little noisy (a little bit of buzzing), but once you move into a garage or onto a stage the buzzing is basically eliminated. The distortion is always melt-your-face-off-oh-god-it's-the-apocalypse strong, even on low battery.

I play Death Metal, thrash metal, black metal and hard rock. This pedal is very versatile, I've been able to get everything from Hendrix to Death Metal out of it. I've been playing for about 3 years and I've had this pedal for about 10 months. So far it's one of the best sounding pedals I've played, the Boss metal core pedal doesn't even compare. the only pedal I own that can give this one a run for it's money (in terms of sound) is an old DOD 86B Death Metal distortion pedal. If this pedal was lost or stolen, I would definitely buy it again. It would be a huge blow to lose something like this. The only problem I've had with it is that the thumb screw occasionally comes a little unscrewed, but it's never completely come off. When I went down the the local music store, I tested out a few Boss distortion pedals, but I knew I was looking for something heavy. I tried the MD-2 Which didn't really cut it with me. Then I tried the ML-2, which didn't sound all that great. then I tried the MT-2 and compared to the ML-2, it blew it out of the water. If you're looking for a great overall metal distortion pedal, Then the MT-2 is perfect to you. I hope this review has been helpful.

This thing is completely indestructible. You could probably run it over with a car 10 times and it would still work. It's made out of metal which makes it pretty heavy, and it has a rubber bottom for no slip grip on whatever kind of stage/ground you have it set on. I would use it at a gig without a backup if I had to (it's never smart to not have a backup, no matter how good your main pedal is), just make sure you have extra batteries or a Boss 9v ac adapter. The thing eats batteries like a fat kid eats cake. I used to go through one a week at least before I got the ac adapter.

It's pretty easy to get a good sound out of it, just mess around for a while and you can find a great sound that you like. The pedal is a straight forward distortion pedal with a three band equalizer and dual gain circuits. The nobs are well labeled and easy to use. Even if you can't read then all you have to do is turn them to find out what each one does. I only glanced at the manual, but it's fairly detailed with instructions on replacing the battery and some presets such as "Heavy Metal" or "British Rock."

Ironpriest
    im gonna buy this tommorow. any good for judas priest, iron maiden, motley crue, ACDC etc?
    powerchord_97
    This pedal rocks..! I saw one just yesterday and when i came back today, it's gone..! I can't believe any pedal can be sold that fast... I sure wish I was the one who bought it...
    livewire76
    Ive got one and its pretty damn good! But goddamn!! How many reviews do you need for one PEDAL?? :p