MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I have used this pedal mainly through a Marshall amp. Fenders, gibsons and many more have been used with this pedal so I can say it is a universally good distortion pedal. It provides just about any sound you could ever used or very close to it. the reason it got an 8 is because if you don't understand the pedal, or how to work with specific parts of your sound it can be a little frustrating. A beginner to this pedal should keep the mids higher up and just mess with the lows and highs.

This works perfectly for my style of music and seems to work for a wide variety of others as well. If it were lost or stolen I'd probably buy one off of craigslist for a really good price. I love the abilities of the pedal to fine tune the sound of your distortion but the only thing that could be better was if they made a dual combo of this and the metal core pedal.

As it being a Boss pedal it is in a very protective metal case so it will only die of age or mods to it. It looks to be able to handle many kinds of abuse but I am protective of my investments so I haven't thrown it or anything but it should easily be sturdy enough for many gigs and a long life span.

For the beginner it will take about 20mins of fiddling around to understand how the triple band on this pedal works. But after the initial trial period you can find almost any rock medal tone you will ever need. If your into softer distortion I can't promise it will give you the tone you want. For softer distortion I would invest in a fuzz or Overdrive pedal. the supplied manual gives you a basis in which you can find the sound you want. For being 115.99 with a power supply this is a good beginner, intermediate, semi professional pedal.

RighteousMagik
    (This is for the people who commented about the sound not coming out the way they want.) If your looking to buy this pedal it is built for harder rock and many styles of metal. I will repeat that if you want an over driven sound go for an overdrive pedal, because obviously overdrive and distortion aren't the same thing.