MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I use the metal zone with my Washburn Dimebolt and follow it with a BBE Sonic Stomp. I plug into a Crate 120 watt combo. I personally like to dial the mids all the way off, with the frequency set at about 11:00.I put the treble at 2 and the bass a little lower. Of course gain all the way up! The pedal is pretty quiet in the chain and with the Sonic Stomp noise is never a problem. The tones last when held and it produces great harmonics.

I play a lot of Slipknot, Slayer, behemoth, etc. I also play Ozzy, lynard skynard, Ac/Dc, etc. This pedal can dish out any tone you set your ears on. Nothing would replace this pedal for sure if lost or stolen. I have a line-6 uber metal that I don't even use and it cost way more thaen the MT-2.

Not gonna quit on you. I got mine over a year ago and I still find better, more pleasing tones with it every time i turn it on. I would feel secure using it as a stand alone distortion pedal. It has the Boss name right there in bright Orange.

The MT-2 Metal Zone pedal is ver user friendly. Turning the knobs ever so slightly results in incredible tonal changes yet finding the "right" sound was almost effortless. The manual is as good as any other but you need to get your hands dirty to get a feel for this pedal. I havn't had any problems with my unit and I've had it over a year. The case is very solid and it runs well on 9-volt batteries or better with an adapter.