MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I use my MT-2 Metal Zone pedal with one of two guitars, my B\.C\. Rich Wave with EMG pickups, or my Fender Squier Showmaster Blackout (People bash it for it's brand, but it's amazingly comforitable). I play threw two 16" Crate speakers connected to a 4x12 Crate Bass cabnet, with a Crate KBA150 head unit. A clustered amp really, but it gives me a good combination of high end and low end sound at the same time. Admitedly, by itself the pedal is fairly sloppy. It produces a lot of noise and fuzz that you don't want, and it generaly not that good sounding. If it is the only pedal you have, I wouldn't recommend relying on it for the best sound. I run mine threw a DigiTech RP50 multi-effects pedal, wich really brings the sound the MT-2 produces to a fantastic quality. The RP50 has a noise supressor and a few other tweeks to get a heavier, but cleaner sound. Combine that with the fine tuning abilities of the MT-2 and you've got some kill noise comming out of your amplifier.

I mostly play heavy metal, and Industrial metal, music like, Static-X, Strapping Young Lad, Coal Chamber, and Killswitch Engage, and this pedal does the job fairly well. Like I said I have to use another pedals "tweeks" to get the exact clear sound I want, but if properly used this pedal can produce amazing sound. I use it as my main distortion pedal at the moment, but I am always willing to try new things. If it were stolen, I woud replace it immediately, even if I wasn't using it as a primary, the quality, and the potential sound possibilities it has always has me comming back for more.

I would have to say it is an extraordinarily reliable pedal. I would trust that thing to get me threw any gig one could come up with. It, structually, is very sturdy. Mine has been dropped several times, down flights of stairs and on pavement and it still works like new. My freind, Who is also sporting one of these fine pedals leaves his in a garage, despite frezzing cold, or extremem heat and it never fails. Great durability.

At first you don't know what to do with it. The equalizer is capable of being very fine tuned and if you haven't dealt with anything like it before it might take some time ot get used to it. Once you've gotten the hang of tweeking it just rite to make the sounds you want, it's pretty much self explainetory.

cmacTR4Q
    Why does everybody think that this pedal sounds digital? You obviously don't know how 2 EQ it right. It sounds just fine.
    cmacTR4Q
    what would you consider to be a better choice? mt-2 or electro-harmonix metal muff?