MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Maximum Music

I play a Dean ML Baby through a Peavey Vypyr 15 (Not the greatest amp). It usually sounds pretty good, although if you turn the level up more than halfway, the palm muting gets muddy and the sound gets noisy, although this could be my amp. I can get nail Megadeth, early Metallica, and some classic rock too. I can't exactly get heavier sounds, but that could be my amp.

Since I play metal, and it's called the Metal Zone, it could be assumed that it would be pretty good for me. I've played it on better amplifiers, and It sounds great. It's versatile, and I can play everything I need. I've been playing for about two years, and I also own a Yamaha RGX120D, and a Fender Starcaster, which came with a Fender SP-10. I don't have any regrets buying this product, and I would definitely get another one if it were stolen/lost. I had compared it to the DigiTech Metal Master, but since it didn't have a gain function, I got the Metal Zone instead.

This thing is an absolute tank. I could drop it off a building, and it would survive (and from the looks of it, it probably has). This wouldn't need a backup at all, although with my lead foot you can't be sure. I haven't had to deal with their customer service, and probably never will.

As with most Boss compact stompboxes, it's pretty straightforward and simple. You can get any sound out of it, with the wide EQ it has. The manual is also easy to use, with some presets that can you can twiddle around with it a bit to get the sound you want.

Armagedden66
    i was gonna buy one of these, but the dude at the shop told me i should get the ibanez smash box SM7, seeing all the reviews, i think i shouldve bought it anyway