MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Price paid: C$ 115

Purchased from: steve's music store

I use this pedal with my shecter revenger and a Peavey mini amp(its a peice of crap amp). It doesn't make any noise, but that's probably because I have active pickups(I tryed it with passive EMG's and it was horrible). It sounds great but I would buy an amp and no effects, only the board that goes with the amp because it always sounds better like that. You can get almost any sound with this, I play all my favorite band sounds such as Aevenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Metallica, All That Remains, etc... If want good sound get a whole amp not a pedal the amp will be way better than the pedal BUT if you can't afford and amp get this in the meanwhile.

I play metal and its great, it matches my playing style very well. I've been playing guitar for 4 years but I'm on a tight budget so I have a Schecter revenger, a Dunlop 535q wah, an Acoustic guitar and a small 20watt amp. If this was stolen I wouldn't buy this again, I'd wait and buy my dream amp. What I love about this pedal is that its very easy to handle, its small and compact and easy to carry, what I don't like about it is that... Well there's nothing I hate about so its a great pedal. Before buying this I thought about buying a Boss ml-2 metalcore but the guy told that I could play metal and soft stuff with this pedal so when he said that it was an instant yes.

This pedal is extremely derable as they said in other reviews I saw before buying this ''its built like a tank'' so you can drop it from 10 feet to a concrete floor and it'll still be fine.I would only use it as a lead boost at a gig since your guitar sound straight to the amp is the best thing you can do.

This pedal its pretty complicated(this was my first pedal so I had to figure out things)but once you know how it works you'll be fine. I don't edit patches so I don't know if its good for it. I didn't look at the manual so I don't know if it helps but you wont need it much.

Ziaul Asif
    Can anyone tell me, is it possible to connect the BOSS MT 2 with my Boss ME 70 ?