MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Price paid: A$ 89

Purchased from: TradeMe

I am using a Johnson Power 10 amp and a Jackson: Dinky, it runs perfectly fine through these things. The amp is really basic so the pedals sensitive elements but if it were a better amp it might. It is actually really quiet which is annoying But the effects don't get weakened by this at all, The only thing to note about the effects is that it starts to wobble sometimes but nothing to worry about. I can get the tone of some of Metallica stuff and classic metal. There a many different distortion types such as Fuzz and Overdrive and they are awesome.

The style I play is Grunge/Dirge/Metal/Alternative/Rock and it is a perfect match for me. I have been playing for two years but have used for a couple of days and I was really impressed by this pedal. I had asked everything I wanted to know before I got this pedal. If it were stolen I would kill the person who took it and buy another one definitely. I love this pedal for its unique variety of distortion sounds and how it is really basic but really good.I compared this to a DigiTech Death Metal Pedal but I decided to get this one first and I am about to get the Death Metal pedal soon, the reason I got the MT-2 was because it was what I needed at the time.

It is very reliable and I would definitely use it in a gig and it will always have a place in my bands effect loop. To make sure he battery power lasts long pull out the INPUT lead when not in use so it doesn't drain the battery or buy an AC adapter for it. I think you would be mad not to have a back up pedal when in a gig yes I would try find one if I had a gig. Overall it is reliable and nothing to worry about.

This pedal features 2 EQ(Equalizer)controls, 1 level control and 1 Dist(Distortion) control. This is a really nice little compact distortion pedal. I Highly recommend this pedal to beginners and experienced pedal users.(Read the manual if you're a beginner.) The manual is really good if you don't know what to do. This is the second version of the pedal as it is newly manufactured. I think that anyone who wants to get an extra distortion boost then this is what you want it provides more distortion when on an Overdrive setting or can Switch between distortion and clean when on a clean setting.

smokedhamtaro
    Sounds goodish on full distortion, but its pretty crap sounding if you turn the distortion down.