MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I used it with my solid state Marshall. At first it sounded very digital, but then I figured out some settings for it, and it sound very good. The distortion can be noisy if you turn up the control for it, but thats pretty obvious. You can get many different distortions out of this pedal, once you figure it out. I managed to get the sound of early 90's Megadeth and some modern metal sounds out of the pedal. The sound on this pedal is very good for metal and hard rock.

I play all kinds of music, but especially thrash and extreme metal. This pedal has served me very well in coming up with a good metal tone, although I much prefer the sound of my Peavey 6505 tube amp to this pedal with my marshall.If someone stole this pedal, I wouldn't buy it again, simply because tube amp distortion is far better sounding than this pedal. I would mostly recommend this to beginners and other non-professional players, as you can get a decent sound out of it without spending a lot, but for anyone else, I recommend saving your money for a better amp and an Overdrive pedal.

This pedal is very durable. I have dropped it countless times, and there isn't a scratch on it. I have played gigs with it, but I wouldn't play without a backup, but this is just because I'm a very cautious person about that sort of thing. It is very reliable and practically indestructible.

The MT-2 is somewhat hard to get a good sound out of, although the manual does give good suggestions. Once you understand how to get a good sound out of it, it becomes very easy to change settings on it to create any kind of distorted sound you want, from early "old school" metal to Death Metal and other Extreme Metal genres.