MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: New Zealand Rockshop

I use this pedal through a Kramer Striker Custom and a Peavey Rage 258, I also use a Cry Baby and it works great with any setting you put the metal zone on. The power that this pedal delivers is enough to split your city in half, it is huge... I play mostly metal and this pedal is perfect for it. I can get all the tones of Zakk Wylde, Alexi Laiho and other guitarists of that genre. But I also play some classic rock and despite the pedals name, this pedal can also create decent light distortion/overdrive sound. But I definitely recommend this pedal for its power and heavy distortion. The only problem is that it is quite noisy and will put out a bit of feedback on the higher gain settings.

As I said, I play mostly metal and this pedal is perfect for it. I have been playing 3 or 4 years and it is great for my level of experience. If it was stolen I would most likely buy it again, but I might try out some other heavy distion pedals. This pedal is perfect for gigging due to its heavy duty build, but I do recommend buying a 9 volt adapter. This thing gulps down battery power.

Like all Boss pedals, the metal zone is a tank. You could throw a brick at it and will almost guarantee it will still work. (Don't go trying it though). It is made almost entirely out of metal and I use this pedal at gigs without a backup. Mostly because I cannot afford a backup, but even if I could, the only reason I would need one is in case the battery ran out.

The metal zone will take a bit of time to get used to, it has a few more knobs than most Boss stomp boxes. Making it very confusing for people who just bought the pedal. Eventually you will get used to the range of knobs, and you will be able to create almost and range of distorion you please...