MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Andertons

The thing can go from 80s rock right the way through the spectrum -----> and further still ---> upto deathcore, when correctly eq'd. The pedal sounds just as good as it did the day I got it. Is it noisy? Depends entirly on the amp you use. In my Marshall its noisy but in my Kustom its not bad. The depth of distortion/how distored it can be is quite respectable for a pedal. It will even out perform SOME "metal" amps. There are videos on youtube of how br00tal you can go. I do not run this in some crazy big pedal board so iv no clue how it effects the tone or where is a good posistion to put it. Rule of thumb is OD an distortion after wah.

I bum this pedal. If your a beginner lookin for head start it is definitly a wise investment. Suited for players who like a bit more gain then most amps deliver. Theres not much out there that can perform as well as this. the only real option is the hardwire tl-2. The only reason this is better is because I believe if you ever required customer services Boss would be more helpfull? This is just a guess based entirely on the name. When I think of DigiTech the name conjours up images of customer services similar to fawlty towers.

man iv dropped this thing so many times its embarrasing, still it soldiers on. Is it a tough cookie? Well you know how in terminator 2 arnie just walks into the bar and rapes people... Same kinda thing. Its built like a cross between a moving train and an armoured tank. Entirely metal chassis on the outside and it takes a beating I assure you. I cannot comment on how fast this pedal munches through batteries as mine came with the 9v adapter but hey if you gig it without spare batteries and it dies, IMO its your fault and you deserve it. I do not merely stand on this pedal to activate it but stomp on it like it was some sort of common brown rat (rattus norvegicus) and it has not broken on me. If anything were to break it would probably be the tone dials though not cause there cheap crap but more to do with my naturally high clumsyness level.

Ok so I'v had this pedal just shy of a year now and only recently (past few months) have I extracted from it tones that kick next level amounts of ass. The reason I could not just Pick it up and dial in decent tones was due to me being unfamiliar with the parametric EQ however if I can work it out, anyone can. This is a 2009 model and I bought it to Drive a Marshall MG15CD and a Kustom KGA 10fx.