MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Sam Ash Tampa

My setup is a Ibanez RG-120 With the standard Infinity 3 in the neck, and Infinity 4 in the bridge, with a FAT-10 Fine tuning tremolo. I run that through the MT-2 and then through a $50 Estaban G-10 Combo, and it sounds amazing. No buzzing, or any other noise exists. Not even with all the settings turned all the way up. The Distortion effects are very strong, and sound amazing. This Pedal gives amazingly similar sounds to bands like Pantera, System Of A Down, Disturbed, Static-X, an pretty much all forms of Metal. It is just a good all around distortion pedal. The distortion on this, as I've said, and simply amazing. I would have paid more than $200 for a pedal of this quality. For that I give it a 10, again.

I play anything from classic metal, all the way to deathcore and metal core, and this suits my needs perfectly. It wouldn't be good for a blues style, because it has too high output, and that's the only flaw I've found. I've been playing for 7 years, and the only other pedal I had was a First Act Delay pedal, which was complete crap, so I really had nothing to compare it to other than other pedals at Sam Ash, and I must say, the MT-2 triumphed over them all. I chose this because it had a much more crisp sound than all the other pedals I've tried. If I ever lost this, I would run back to Sam Ash and buy another in a second. The only thing I wish it had was a built in Chorus-Flanger.

I could depend on this for quite a few hours before the batteries go out, but I change the batteries before every gig I play. I would definitly use this without a backup, no questions asked. It is definily beat to hell, but its not broken after all the crap its been through with my gigging.

The MT-2 Metal Zone gives an amazing sound very easily. The only complicated thing about getting a good sound out of this would be plugging it in. The only real issue I had with setting it up was the fact that the metal play that explains the controls didn't have the labels on it, but I later found out it was sanded off by the previous owner. The MT-2 is very straight forward, and for this, it gets a 10.