MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: ebay

Normally I use a Line6 HD147 head or a Peavey 5150OII with a Marshall 4x12 - this means that my distortion and effects have always been covered by this setup. I only bought the MT2 because I stopped driving recently to concentrate more on bikes and this is the perfect alternative for a lightweight metal rig. I couldnt say that the results from the MT2 are better than my other amps - but its definitely not worse, I'm confident that I could achieve any metal sound with this pedal. I also use this with a TC Electronics G-Major (not as portable, but still able to fit in my guitar case when cycling! ) and as a package with the MT2, it fulfills all my needs. Noise is kept minimal but would use a gate if its a problem. Used with a ESP M302 (EMG 81, 85), Jackson JS30/Warrior (EMGHz). Used recently with a budget Laney head and cab (at studio) and sounded meaty. Great for playing chimaira, lamb of god, deftones, metallica - anything metal!

I play metal and delayed clean music - great match for the metal side but use a ext mod for clean effects. I've been playing 10 years and this is the best piece of equipment I've bought - especially at the price. Yes I would buy this again if it was stolen.

Sturdy design - trustworthy. Built like a tank to be honest - the only part at risk might be the LED - but that's a guess. No off button - just stops using battery power when cables are out of it and pedal is depressed. Would use at a gig without a backup... But would always take the power supply to be sure!

Easy to use and get a good sound - understanding of basic amp eq would help, but in general just being able to read is sufficient. Once configured (EQd) its a simple on/off mechanism - so nothing as complicated as editing patches. Didn't get a manual for it, but I didn't really need it. No changeable firmware on this product.

Ratul Banerjee
    MT-2 is an awesome pedal from BOSS. I use an Ibanez GRG-150CA guitar and a 20W practice amp. I do get great tones. The tones provided in the manual if modified a bit according to your setup r cool.