MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Used

I'm using it into a Marshall (not the best amp, but has a tight nice sound) and my guitar is the ESP-LTD-M401 and the Dean VMNT. It's a bit noisie if you crank up the distortion knob but it's ok if it's arond 12 o'clock. The knobs cover a wide area of sounds, so you can get everything from Zz top to Metallica. The distortion are very metal based and its good for speed, trash, and heavy metal. I use it right in front of a Boss GE-7 to tweak my overall sound a bit more but you can easily get a awesome tone out of it on it's own.

I play metal and I think it matches pretty nice. I'we been playing for 2-3 years and I think it's a pretty nice fit for a wide range of the metal songs I'we been playing. If it was Lost, stolen or somehow broke I would probably by a Dunlop MXR fullbore metal, not because I don't like the mt-2, but I don't have the money to buy a million pedals so I would try all the pedals I could. I'ts very cheap and thats a great feature. I wish it had a like tight-Lose switch like the Tl-2 from DigiTech Hardwire.

It's a real hardie and I'we used it several times at gigs without a backup. Its inclosed in a metal casing that could last a nuclear war and it is just nice to be able to stomp on it, without it cracking under your feet. Iwe dropped it a couple of times and it haven't let to any seriouse damage beside a couple of surface scratchs.

It's a bit complicated at start but you will figure it out in like 5 minutes. You just plug it in with either a 9V AC adapter or 9V battery, a kack cable and metal up your ass. I bought it used so I didn't get the manual, but I wouldn't read it anyway. Its just one of those plug n' play pedals, so it's just fantastic when you get it.