MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Price paid: € 50

I use it with my Washburn WI64 and Peavey Vypyr 15 (digital amp) on PLXI clean mode, and it sounds very good. If not boosting highs, it makes no noise at all. I can get many sounds out of this pedal, heavy distortions, light overdrives, classic rock'n'roll sounds, it's omnipotent! And yeah, it has very powerful gain, as well. On dropped tunings, it makes pretty nice distortion, not Korn-like sound, but little bit more old-school distortion.

I've been playing for about 4 years, I play everything, from blues to death metal, and this pedal satisfies me completely. If it were stolen / lost, I would probably buy it again, since it's not very expensive, if not, I would buy Boss OS-2. The thing I love with this pedal is that it makes so many sounds. Complexity of the setting annoys me a little bit, but it's not a problem. This pedal is almost perfect to me, I can't think of anything else that I would put on this pedal if I could. Totally awesome.

Armored pedal. Bulletproof. Hell yeah, I can depend on it, it's completely indestructible. I gigged with this, without backup, never failed me, though it is a battery-destroyer. Better buy an AC adapter.

So, this pedal is not very easy to get a good sound from. It has 4 EQ knobs, first few days I got it, I was completely disappointed with the sound, it was very fuzzy and unclean. But, after few tries, I found the sound I desired. Point is, it can boost and cut lows, highs and mids, and on 12 o'clock it's not affecting the sound, it just makes distortion. To get the sound you like, you just have to put everything on 12 o'clock, and then CAREFULLY turning the knobs until you find the sound you like. Turning highs too much to the right makes that unpleasant fuzzy distortion.

Danihell_88
    I've never used this pedal before but, after reading some reviews I'm considering about buying it. I just don't know if it would totally fit my needs. I usually like to play some Dream Theater, Symphony X , Opeth kind of stuffs and even death metal (immolation, vader, decapitated , vital remains , nile, vomitory) Should I really get this pedal?