MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: EBay

First off, there seems to be some confusion, judging by the comments I've read about this pedal on the internet, it doesn't do 'grind core' or 'death' metal (neither do good guitarist judging by what I've heard. Sorry if I caused offense. Hey sue me!). It would be more accurate to call the pedal the 'Classic Metal'. With that cleared up let's move on. Any way I play in a regular gigging band with, what feels like, several million gigs under our belt, playing a variety of blues, rock, pop and punk, in our own style (metal!). I play a variety of guitars but mainly the ol' black and white eBay special (think Twin HH Super Strat, with Floyd and a, rather fetching, black and white paint job made popular by a fleet fingered Dutch lad), also a Les Paul and Strat. Through a perpetually varying pedal board into, normally, a Bugera 6260 212 Combo. Although at the moment I'm using a Marshall MG100DFX combo, as the Bugera is waiting until I can be arsed to put some new pre-amp valves in. To be honest I'm not in a rush as the MT-2 sounds awesome. Listen, in 25 years of playing I've used, and have still got under the bed, almost every over Drive and distortion box known to man. If classic, or European power metal, is your thing this is the baby. Think early Priest, Schenker, Maiden, even, Firewind, Mystic Prophecy, Dream Evil. You get the picture (metal bands where the guitarist can actually play and the vocalist can sing). Admittedly I've got to use a gate on it, as it's a bit hissy (it's high gain. What do you want?) but it sounds glorious with a bit of Wah Wah and delay. It's the first pedal I've been able to get a decent neck pick-up lead tone out off. Enough said!

Overall it's a wonderful thing for 'classic' metal. Do me a favour though.Don't ever get yours modified with the Keeley mods. They sound f*@$ing awful. Keep it standard!

It's a Boss. Forget the silly Taiwan versus Japan crap. It's a Boss. It'll work forever.

What can I say? This pedal is a dream to dial in. The +/- 15db swing on the EQ means you have to be a bit careful, but it's a price worth paying for the versatility it offers.

Slipknot101.0
    Holy shit! How many reviews do you people need to make for this pedal? Here's my review: Buy this pedal