MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I use this with a Marshall Haze 40 combo and I think it sounds great. It is not that noisy considering how much gain this thing has. When I heard this pedal I thought it would be good for Pantera and Slayer. I was so right. It leans more towards Pantera stuff, but if you tweak it I bet you could find some other tones from it. Their are also a lot of knobs on this pedal so you could probably play most kinds of metal and rock even on it. I give it a 9 because you can play many styles of metal with this.

I mostly play metal. This is a very good match for most metal types. I have been playing guitar for 4 1/2 years now and own a Gibson Explorer and a PRS SE Paul Allender model. If it were stolen I would probably buy it again because it sounds good and is relatively cheap, they have some used in guitar center for around $40. I do wish that it came with some manual settings for the tone. I would definitely but this though if you want a lot of gain and and play metal.

If you don't know this then you should: Boss pedals are built like tanks! All of them feel solid and have some nice weight to them. I have not gigged with it yet, but I will in a month and will definitely not use a backup. It looks like it could last forever!

Okay I am going to warn you right now, if you are planning on getting this pedal and expecting it to sound good right out of the box, you might to spend a lot of time trying to find your tone. I could not find a good sound out of this thing from tweaking it, so I looked up settings for it and found two places to look. http://www.hamptonplace.com/tonedepot/settings/bossmt2.php The first link is a link to peoples settings that they use on this pedal. Some of them are good, others meh. Another place to look is the Boss website, you can download the pdf for settings. I got this for free so I don't know if it comes with a manual inside. I give it a 7, because It's hard to use at first, but it sounds good when you have it properly tweaked.

theogonia777
    Slipknot101.0 wrote: Holy shit! How many reviews do you people need to make for this pedal? Here's my review: Buy this pedal
    Saying "Buy this pedal" is about the worst review you could possibly give.
    Basti95
    Sure, you could buy this pedal. ...you could also commit murder. ...or starve your children. ...or spit on a kitten. Don't buy this pedal.
    megaluisdeth
    Back when I was a Guitar noob I traded my Ibanez ts9 for a metalzone.....was that stupid of me.....
    Miyagi84
    If you want a GREAT metal pedal, and want to be able to replicate almost any heavy metal guitar tone and sculpt it to whatever sub-genre from the scooped sounding mids of Dimebag, to the biting crunch of Metallica and Megadeth Thrash, to Downtuned death metal, and even Grunge and Alt Rock, buy MXR's fullbore metal distortion. If you want a thick as crunch from your palm muting and searing leads for a pretty reasonable price, go now and get it. While it's just OKAY for rock tones (which is harder to get a nice, dynamic sound, letting the tone of the guitar,amp and player picking style come through anyway IMO), for heavy metal its the last distortion pedal you'll need. I had an Ibanez ts9 before this, and tried the MT2 before that... The MT2 is awful. while it has the EQ range which is nice its hard to get it sounding good, the MXR has the same eq range but is much easier to get a really nice tone, plus a frequency knob to really fine tune the distortion to your liking. It also has a scooped button to scoop your mids even more, as well as a noise gate. The MXR has a great deal more punch than the Ibanez as well, which in it's own right is a solid pedal. It's just not as good as the MXR. I know I'm slobbering all over the MXR like a little schoolgirl but guitar pedals aren't cheap and some of them just suck or are hard to get a good tone. I've had a shitload of fun with mine in the past three years and I haven't found a replacement even though I've been looking. Its the best your going to find for the price and is easy to use.