MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

The tone on this pedal is phenomenal! I plugged it into a cheap solid state Vox 8 inch speaker amp and it sounded like older Metallica. I then used a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 4x10s and this pedal sings and justice for all and them some! Like most reviewer write, that it is noisy but most distortion pedals are and its not a bad hissy buzzy noise that some complain about. The bottom end is nice and crunchy for palm muting. The treble in this is just right, not too bright and it cleans out single note just sound nice and chimey. The best part is the mid eq's. The mids make or break this pedal, if done right it sounds superb to me, but if too high or too low the tone sounds thin and fake. Over all the sound I got out of this is what I wanted and looking for, somewhere between Metallic's ...And Justice For All album to the Deftones "Adrenaline"/"Around The Fur" albums.

My style of playing is a mix of everything that's loud and aggressive, from rockabilly, punk, rock n roll to hardcore, heavy metal, thrash, and beyond. So I like loud, crunchy and saturated tones, so when I first started out playing guitar 15years ago I wanted this kind of sound from the get go. I went through so many distortion pedals, high end amps and looking at the Boss Metal Zone I thought it was cheesy to check out, man was I wrong. I use a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 4x10 with my pedal board; MXR Carbon Copy, Love Pedal Echo Baby, Love Pedal Tremolo, MXR Phase 90, Wampler pinnacle, MXR Car Wah pedal to a Gibson Classic Custom, so I was pretty happy with my set up, but I wanted a distortion pedal for my bedroom so I bought a metal zone sh**s and giggle and it was $40. It sounded awesome through this little solid state amp, then my wampler fritz out on me twice! So I needed a distortion pedal and the metal zone got the tone I was searching for 15years! Right underneath my nose all this time. I'm sooo freaking happy with this pedal, the other guitarist in our band hated when he tried it but when I got ahold of it and dialed the pedal he was jealous and wanted the same tone, my point is the most simplest things in life make the most everlasting impressions and the Boss metal zone ended my search for great heavy tone.

Its boss, 5 year warrinty, can't beat that. I've been gigging with this pedal for 6 months and nothings gone wrong so far.

This pedal is awesome in tone and over all sound, but it can be hard to use with the extra eq's but if mastered correctly there is a extremely good metal tone. I give it a 7 because it takes some time to get a sweet spot.

Camron62\m/
    i have a crappy amp, and i use this with my Jackson King V with stock pickups. it's a great, heavy sound, i keep the high and low usually all the way up, yet mid freq all the way down and mid at 9:30 or lower. level, i don't even know if that matters, it's just volume right? and distortion varies, usually between 12 and 3:30. there is so much noise though, when i'm playing open chords, there's too much fuzz in the background, but when i stop playing, it stops too. this pedal, however, works well with my strat rip-off's single coils, which i use for lower tunings, and i keep on the bridge and middle pickups, for less noise.