NS-2 Noise Suppressor review by Boss

Boss: NS-2 Noise Suppressor

Purchased from: (I got it as a present, I don

I am using this in the effect loop part of my Peavey Studio Pro 112. It's normally very noisy when I have the distortion on. The NS-2 completely rids it of any noise that I don't want. When you start playing a note, it's instantaneously there. There's no annoying fade in that leaves the attack sounding like something fluffy and uncertain. When I don't play (even with the distortion on and turned up all the way) it's virtually silent. It has a mute option that allows you to simply cut all sound from the guitar instantly. So if you begin to get feedback, step on it and it will be gone.

I would advertise this effect pedal if I had a place to do so. I am pleased with it. I think I would definitly buy more Boss brand pedals if I were to buy more (which I think I will in the future). If you are deciding what noise removing thing to buy, this is it!

It is made out of heavy metal and I would certainly use it playing live without a back up. I might get an adapter for it, though, becuase it eats up 9V batteries if you accidentally leave your guitar plugged into it like I did.

This thing is extremely simple to use. Come on, there are only two switches that you need even worry about. You have to read the instructions, though, or it may take you longer to understand.