NS-2 Noise Suppressor review by Boss

Boss: NS-2 Noise Suppressor

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

With the NS-2, you always have to place it before your driver pedals, I don't know why, but it always works better like that and you get better soundslike that to. I play this through a Lespaul 100 and an OLD Peavey Classic 50 212. I use only Boss and one Morley and this is great, I mean great for playing at high volumes. This is also a muting pedal, if you don't use a TU-2 to mute already, you just click the far right knob, it only has two postions, to mute or reduction.It seems that it actually starts sound reduction when turn the thresh hold knob is turned up to o'clock.

I play punk, but mostly alternative. This is great for holding back driver sometimes. I have been playing for 5 going on 6 years, now, and I am so obssesed with pedals, so I know a good one when I see one or hear one. I use a Morley Bad horsie, DS-1, TU-2, and about to get an MD-2, DD-20 and BCB60. Not that much, huh? well, I'll get more, but. If this were stole, I would buy another right when it was gone. When I was buying, it was this or the MXR version, and it wasn't as precise. Worth the money!

This thing is so reliable.I am thinking of making a pedal board with the BCB30. I am about to get a BCB60 cause I need the space, but after that. The BCB30 can only hold three pedals. One of those three will definatly be the NS-2. Hands down. This is great for gig-ing, espesially if you stop and say things between songs, you wont have the sound in the background.

This is easy to use, but the knobs, they are kinda hard to remember which ones do what. The only knob you you a lot (if you are looking at the picture) is the first knob. That controls how much sustain you get till the NS-2 kicks in. If you have had any Boss pedals in the past, you know how the manual configurationis, like a booklet. The manual for this is kinda bad (sorry). I ahve seen upgraded models, and they are kinda strange, mine is not upgraded.

Konstantine19
    This thing is a waste of money... if you want a real noise gate I would deff look into gettting the ISP decimator. google search
    will-loves-zep
    the first review says that it doesnt cut amp noise much, i want to eliminate heavy feedback on my laney TF200 cos at the mo i play distorted, high volumes and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations please?