NS-2 Noise Suppressor review by Boss

Boss: NS-2 Noise Suppressor

Purchased from: CA House Music- Wva.

I use this with my Agile Al 2900, Peavey Windsor, and assortment of effects pedals. It cuts out most, if not all feedback for me. If you stand wayyyy to close to a high gain amp, then of course you'll still get a little noise, but not much. I have mine set to the "Mute" setting, so when I turn the pedal on, it's already in it's noise gate mode, and when I step on it, it mutes my whole signal. This is very nice for in between songs and sets when there is talking to be done. The pedals effect on your tone is very negligable, and I've not noticed much of a difference in my tone with the pedal on or off my pedal board.

I play with a pretty high gain setup, and this pedal is very much a key part in my rig. Without it, I'd be in a huge mess of feedback everytime I took my hands off the guitar. The daisy chain feature is an added bonus to a great effect. For under 100 bucks, this is a great bargain for anyone Who wants to cut out their feedback problems.

Pedal is very dependable. Never use a backup. Also, the power source out feature on this pedal is great. I can run all my pedals via the NS-2 and one power supply. This only required a daisy chain cord, which was 10 bucks, if even that. This is a great bonus on the pedal. The casing on the pedal is very tough, and would be hard to break.

This review is for the Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor. If you're playing high gain music, you're most likely going to need a noise gate of some kind. The only tricky part about this particular model is the send/return to your effects, which actually is very handy, however, it will take a couple more cables to patch it all together. The manual is very informative about the knobs and what they do.

X_Op3th_X
    I got an NS-2 myself, got it for 20$ used, but it was on top shape. I tried it a bit, had no manual, and at the time I didn't really appreciate it (got it like 2 years ago). But now that I'm playing pretty high-gain stuff, combined with some crappy pups the V I got has on it, it does wonders. It was a good buy
    guy_tebache
    It's not as efficient at cutting amp noise (I tried putting it through my FX loop, but this did nothing)
    That means that the noise is coming from the power amp in your amp. If its a tube amp try replacing the valves if you're worried. If its solid state... buy a better amp.
    JackDanger
    will-loves-zep : the first review says that it doesnt cut amp noise much, i want to eliminate heavy feedback on my laney TF200 cos at the mo i play distorted, high volumes and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations please?
    If you have one on your effects loop and another going straight from your guitar to your amp it should cut all unwanted amp noise. Just keep watching the settings you have them both on.