NS-2 Noise Suppressor review by Boss

Boss: NS-2 Noise Suppressor

The sound from this is excellent. I use both a Fender Squire Strat and a Bc Rich Warlock, as well as my Harmony bass for brutal Death Metal mixed with my metal muff. The simplistic nature of the noise suppressor easily goes well with my guitars, cutting down the unnecessary noise. There are a FEW problems, though. For one, if I want to emulate the brutal Death Metal band Mortician and tune my bass too low mixed with distortion, it cuts off entirely. Not only do I have to turn everything, including amp, off, but I have to wait for a few minute before restarting. This is something I'm sure can murder you momentum Live. Also, I love to do fingertapping, and sometimes I have to sacrifice some threshold to get it to really Pick up sometimes.

Despite any of it's occasional glitches, this is a fantastic pedal. It goes very well with any other pedal, and easily slaughters that godawful buzz without any problems. It is also priced well too-I don't think any other more expensive brand could make much more of a difference for me to waste more money on. If I lost this, I would definitly seek to replace it. Overall, buy it.

Unlike some pedals, which are easily breakable, this one is quite good. I despise changing batteries, almost comparable to replacing strings, but it is very simple to open this up and do it. I haven't played Live anywhere, but I would definetly bring this along.

It is incredibly easy to use this noise gate. Simly plug it into you guitar, then your pedals. It has a threshold knob, where counter-clockwise cut off a lot the unwanted buzz, as well as amp noise. The decay knob selects how long you want before it begins cutting noise off, for a more natural feel. With the knowledge that for a default, loud guitar and default, loud distortion pedal (such as the Electro-Harmonix metal muff), you simply turn the threshold far to the right and decay for to the left. You can simply build from there depending on your preference. Finally, there is the mode:the main suppressor you bought, and the mute feature, which lets you kill all the sound entirely.

jdsony
    Great pedal though I just bought it last night. Picked it up in store for $50 used though I thought it was $94 which I still would have been happy with. Works exactly as designed and from my limited testing it will cut most of the noise that comes out of my amp when I'm not playing. The hiss of the amp can't be helped much.