NS-2 Noise Suppressor review by Boss

Boss: NS-2 Noise Suppressor

Purchased from: american musical supply

Threshold at 4 o'clock and decay at 8 o'clock and I'm good to go. I play Schecter Damiens and Hellraisers and Prs Se customs with a metal zone and a Dyna Drive and a crybaby Wah plugged to either my Vox VT+ or my Marshall JMD and never disappointed me. Another ten its just perfect for me.

Melodic and gothic metal to blues I do it all and I always play my Hellraiser C1 FR or my Custom 24 usually behind my Vox and never come up short this pedal is required to make my rig really shine. If it where stolen I would get another right away. I completely love and endorse this pedal I've tried the other suppressors and they all came up short in versatility in what it can do and tonal quality compared to this so do yourself a favor and get this.

YouTube preview picture

I gig with this constantly and its tone and its daisy chain ability have never failed me. It's a Boss all aluminum no plastic it will last a long time. Ten hands down reliable and tough as nails.

It can cut out the nuances of your entire rig by itself ur multieffects or floor controller and your signal chain at the same time. Now that being said it is slightly confusing on how to get it all wired up if your wiring up two chains at once which you can with this. The daisy chaining is perfevt power plenty of other pedals a great functional and cheap solution to those that can't afford nice pedal boards. And the suppresion some say sucks or is hard which it aint high threshhold and low decay and bame its like you toom a blanket off your amp seriously its that good. So a ten very easy to use if you take your time and do it right.

tom.schryer.9
    I love my NS-2. Single-coil pickups (IMHO) have a purer sinusoidal waveform since a humbucker has two rows of pickups which produce signals slightly out of phase. However, single-coils are noisier. What to do? 2 points. 1) the NS-2 can be noisy with some power supplies 2) Boss regulates the price but some NS-2 dealers offer free stuff (like a power supply that actually gets along with the NS-2) so include “free” when you Google for where to buy one.
    darlenegaskey.k
    I have found that the NS-2 works great in my amps effect loop. If you get most of your distortion or drive from your amp then most of the noise is going to come from the amp. You have to have the right kind of effects loop on your amp or one that does not bypass your pre-amp for this to work. I believe the correct words are parallel effects loop. not all amps have this. If it bypasses your pre amp then it won't work as most of your noise is going to come from your pre-amp when the volume is jacked up.
    eyesonly
    no, "series" effect loop is the one you want. You can run it in the loop if you want. I have a series loop but I don't run my NS-2 in the loop. If you run your amps pre-amp gain up high the noise it amplifies is the noise at the input of the amp. This pedal stops the noise at the input. It's just on/off like turning the guitar volume right down. In the loop usage would be better as it stops anything the preamp might be adding, but the bulk of noise shouldn't be "generated by" the preamp or you've got issues with the amp, power or something.