OD-20 Drive Zone review by Boss

Boss: OD-20 Drive Zone

Purchased from: 'Falcon music', Llanelli, Wales.

Sound Is overall good, taking into account I use an Epiphone sg400 and a Leam 30 watt. It gives you the use of 22 diferent sounds, including 6 Boss pedals. OD-1 OD-2 DS-1 MT-2 HM-1 BD-1. And a range of Boss' homemade stuff. But the other effects really aren't that good, basically your buying it for the 6 built in Boss pedals. It's great for metal whethere new or old, I use the MT-2 alot for Metallica stuff. It has an Octave switcher also which alows you to lower the top four strings down an octave to give a 7 string guitar efect, but it tends to crackle on my amp. Also there is quite alot of feedback generated from this little box. But otherwise this pedal rocks! The sound is sweet.

This pedal is great for any music with distortion or Overdrive. I would have prob asked for the guy to let me try it out a bit longer, so I could figure out that its only worth buying for those 6 Boss effects, But for the price, you could only get about 2 of those Boss pedals seperatly, for the same price as the OD-20. If it were stolen, i'd probrably save for a bigger Boss pedal, like the GT thigy. The only thing I wish it had is a Wah pedal on the side, It'd be perfect for Metallica then. Overall its a class pedal, you get alot for the money. Definitely buy it if you're after a distortion pedal or Overdrive pedal. Od-20... Rocks!!! Literally :o)

This is built as solid as a rock, I think it is very reliable... I think I would feel confident useing it without a backup, but I always carry spares ;o)

The twin pedal is new, Boss' twin pedal (OD-20), it was released early January. It is relativley easy to use, just choose which effect you want, and hit the pedal. Also it has a memory pedal on it to, which stores 4 effects of your choice, to make it easier to change during play, rather than bending down and turning the nob... The memory stuff on it for me is quite tricky. The manual didn't explain how to work it very well. So I'll give a 4.