OD-20 Drive Zone review by Boss

Boss: OD-20 Drive Zone

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

I'm using a squire strat (dont' make fun) and a Marshall JCM900 dual reverb. It sounds amazing, the pedal modellings are great. The 6 Boss ones are beautiful, the homemade tones they came up with just for this pedal are really neat too, a great Overdrive and an over the top metal sound. I like the other pedals too, Ibanez Tubescreamer is great and the fuzz boxes are really cool too. You can get just about any distortion sound possible out of this pedal. The heavy octave effect is pretty good too, I don't like it on high levels it just sounds messy but I keep it kinda low and it adds a depth to the sound.

I play everything under the sun, metal, blues, rock and roll, acoustic stuff and this pedal works for everything with distortion, I love having a blues tone and a heavy metal tone right there at the click of a switch. I've only been playing for jsut over a year and this is my second distortion pedal, but it destroys my old Danelectro. I'd definetly buy another one if it were stolen. This is the best distortion pedal out there no matter what your taste of music, even if it changes this pedal will still work for you. I recommend to everyone!

It looks pretty sturdy, the paint is a bit chipped but who cares, I would gig with no back up for this as the pedals seem solid and I can't see them breaking unless you reall stomp it which isn't nessesary.

This pedal is real simple, turn the type knob to the pedal you want, dial in the drive, tone, and volume and start rockin. The memory is pretty simple if you read the manual, but I don't like how it stores the volume you set it to, if you are playing quiet and just practicing and find a sweet tone and you want to use it later the level of the memory will be too low. Overall tho, very easy to use.