OD-20 Drive Zone review by Boss

Boss: OD-20 Drive Zone

Purchased from: Online Dealer

I am currently playing through an Ibanez SA160 and a Marshall 15 watt combo (don't laugh, its all I can afford). Let me just say that this pedal made my guitar and amp sound good, that's really saying something. You can get any Overdrive or distortion you want from this pedal. It can give you tweakable distortion for any kind of music from blues to classic rock to metal. This pedal is reasonably noisy when the drive is in the turbo region of the knob (but what's new). This pedal has some feedback but, its a distoriton pedal. What do you expect?

I play anything from blues to metal and the OD-20 suits these styles well. If this were stolen I would definitely buy it again (I can't afford the GT-8 or anything). With my very small budget this is the perfect pedal, it offers many different distortions (22 in all) for the price of about 2 or 3 single compact pedals.

Are you kidding, this is a Boss pedal. Boss pedals don't break, they're built like tanks. I would be fully confident gigging without a backup. When nuclear war comes, hide in a bomb shelter made of Boss pedals.

The OD-20 has 2 pedals, one to switch between clean/distortion and another to cycle through one manual setting and 4 user presets (a total of 5 distortions at a time). Since the only part of this unit that is digital is the memory, getting the sound you want is fairly easy.

americablanco
    Nice. I have the Boss OS-2 and its okay. I can get most of these sounds w/ that, except the HM, I've never heard of that.
    fishpimp
    This is a great pedal if you're trying to dial in 'your sound' or you need a ton of variety and don't care about tonal quality. Playing it next to an actual analog pedal (tonebone, toadworks) makes the OD-20 sound very digital and plastic. I traded it in on a Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic and am very happy I did.
    bossboy
    hey i have this pedal, it is great, but if u play only 1 style i wouldn't advise it. the sound is great but not perfect but very close to the real pedals. also mine has been fuking up lately. the distortion type knob puts on the wrong type like wen its on fuzz face it does rockman instead. so it cant even make fuzz face or octavier anymore. how/were could i fix this?