OD-3 OverDrive review by Boss

Boss: OD-3 OverDrive

Purchased from: long & McQuade

With the pedal I use a Fender Frontman 15G amp, with a squire stratocaster. The sound is excellent, and there is not a lot of the feedback. The pedal does not sound good all the time, the middle and treble knobs on the amp itself have to be set to a specific level, or the quality of sound drops sufficiently, as well it makes the amp a lot louder than it is supposed to go, which may cause future problems. The pedal gets the same sound as bands such as The Strokes, The Hives, and Wolfmother. The overall sound of the pedal is good, but could be better.

I play Indie rock, and pop rock, and the pedal definitely suits that music style. I have been playing guitar for almost a year now, and the pedal is on of the best buys that I have made. I hope to buy some more of the Boss pedals, because I was very impressed with this pedal. The only thing I don't like about this product is that the knobs aren't push in and that when playing your foot sometimes messes up the settings, everything else I love. If it was stolen or I had lost it, I would definately go out and buy another one.

The pedal itself is very reliable. The electronics are very secure inside it due to harnesses holding them from getting tangled or wrecked. There is also a rubber strip on the pedal to prevent the player's foot from slipping, it's a good feature when it works, but it doesn't exactly work that well. I would definitely use it on a gig without a backup.

I Purchased my Boss OD-3 OverDrive pedal last month and it was a great purchase. It's a very simple pedal, with your basic controls (level, Drive, and Treble). The controls unfortunately the knobs aren't push in, their permanently sticking out of the pedal, and when playing, it sometimes interferes with your playing. The Manual for it was extremely pointless. All that was included in it was a serial number, and basic instructions.

leaping badger
    i bought this pedal today and it's fantastic, much better than the super overdrive imo, to me it sounds much warmer and natural
    rhcpfan118
    i got this for 25 used, vs. 90 new or list 155, and i must say..... a great way to spend 25 bucks. i use it on my fender fm 212r with the more drive setting and it is sweet. a nice metal heavy tone for my tool covers, or even a nice bluesy rich tone for hendrix and vaughan and the like. a great pedal all around, very versatile and although it's not made in the US like digitechs it is still very nice. if you can get one for less than 40 or 50 definitely go for it, if you can get one for 25 don't think twice, even if you have to get it new.... it's a good buy.