OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion review by Boss

Boss: OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion

Purchased from: Mars Music

I've used this pedal with three different amps, my Fender frontman 25, a friend's 15 watt Ibanez, and another friends 20 watt crate amp, as well as plugged it into a Yamaha emx660 600-watt mixer, and I'm always able to get amazing sound out of it.

I usually play punk and regular rock, and this pedal works awesome for both. I can't think of anything this pedal needs, it is absolutely perfect for distorsion sound, not to expensive, and seems to be very well-made as well as backed up by a five-year warranty. If all you need is a good distorsion pedal, I would highly recommend getting one of these, or a regular DS-1 pedal($39) if $75 sounds like too much.

I would/do use this pedal without a backup on all my gigs, the battery life seems to only be about 12-15 hours or so, so I would recommend making sure you have extra batteries around somewhere.

This pedal mixes the effects of Distorsion, and Overdrive, but it doesn't have a knob for each, so you have to find the balance between the two. When you turn the knob all the way to the left you get pure Overdrive, vice versa for pure Distorsion. Everything else about the pedal is smooth as butter.