OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion review by Boss

Boss: OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion

Purchased from: N/A

I have used various Ibanez, Gibson, and Epiphone guitars, and Crate and Marshall amps, with this pedal and have gotten similar results with all of them. The box has great range, but it can clash with your pre-amp settings if you aren't careful, and produce a pretty crappy sound. The emphasis of this box is its versatility. I play Punk, Hardcore and even some good ole Hard Rock and the results are beautiful.

This box IS versatility. It covers everything from Punk and Hardcore to Hard Rock. I am happy with the box and would recomend it to any serious rock guitarist. It's great for stage use and practice. It has become a staple in my rig. Four cheers!

This is one reliable piece of equiptment. It is one of my two boxes I use for distortion and although I try to have a backup at all times, this box doesn't need one. However, the battery does need to be changed (for me) after 8 months of intense use. Also, even after being thrown around and dropped multiply times, the box shows NO wear and tear AT ALL. A very sturdy piece of equiptment indeed.

The OS-2 is a very easy to use piece of equiptment, which is probably why Boss didn't waste their time on the manual... The analog controls are perfect for this unit because it allows the user to fine-tune his/her sound. The analog control can be set in ways to combind both Distortion and Overdrive, resulting in a unique yet usable sound. The more time you take to fiddle with it, the better sound you get.