OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion review by Boss

Boss: OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion

Purchased from: Steve

I run a Godin Freeway Classic through this pedal, then to a Marshall AVT 50. It sounds awesome. Small amount of static, especially at high gain but only noticeable when you're not playing. I'd say the only setting where it sounds weak is when the tone knob is at 0 to 2 out of 10. Boss have done an excellent job putting OD and DS into one pedal and allowing the user to mix them together. This pedal provide incredibly sonic variability without comprimising any sound quality along the way. This pedal will give a good sound for anything (and I mean anything) from Pink Floyd to Pantera. All the classic rock, metal, and bluesy sound you can imagine crammed into one pedal.

Like I said before, I play anything from soft rock to heavy metal. I think if I was a heavy metal affictionnado I'd be a little unsatisfied, but oh well. I've been playing for a year and a half, I've played at two gigs so far, and my band cover hard and acoustic rock. If it was lost, I would get another one. If it was stolen, I'd beat the motherf--ker's ass and take it back. I compared it to a bunch of other Boss pedals and I chose this one for its versatility. I wish it came with a power adapter.

This thing is rock solid. It's built out of metal. I seriously think I could jump on it and it wouldn't break. I'd definitely use it at a gig without a backup (extra battery maybe).

This pedal is so simple I didn't even look at the manual. Four knobs, one stomp unit. That's it. It's incredibly versatile, I can get tons of great sounds on it, playing with only two of the knobs (color and drive) these each control the balance between Overdrive and distortion (color) and how much it breaks up your signal(drive). I've heard people complain about the problem that OD pedals don't give a good bass sound and DS pedals don't give a good high pitch sound. this pedal solves that problem by allowing you to put the knob in between Overdrive and distortion! This is the perfect pedal for me.